Saturday, June 16, 2012

I love riding in Nova Scotia!

The following is an excerpt from an email I received from my sister, who lives in Halifax.  It describes a recent bike ride she took along the Chain of Lakes  and Beechville Lakeside Timberlea  trails:
... It was another perfect day on the trail. Had my usual lunch at the incomparable Bike and Bean CafĂ©.  Winds were light at 20k/hr, sunny skies. The big black and yellow butterflies are still around in full force, and one actully flew right into my face and brushed my cheek. Saw a beautiful, graceful doe right in the middle of the trail. It stood for several seconds and looked at me before dashing into the woods. Wild roses are in bloom and I could smell them on the wind every now and then ... .
It isn't the Avalon, but it sure sounds like fun, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers