Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dartmouth - Pictou - Upper Stewiack - Sheet Harbour - Dartmouth

Last Saturday was the 400 kilometer brevet of the Randonneurs Nova Scotia long distance club in Halifax. I've been riding with them on their brevets for three years now, and last year, for the first time, I completed the Super Randonneur series of 200, 300, 400 and 600 kilometer rides. I rode the 200 and 300 alone here on the avalon that year. But I failed to complete the 400 this year, despite better weather and an easier route, dropping out at Sheet Harbour with 288 kilometers under my belt.

From Dartmouth we went north along Route 2 to Truro, then Route 4 to Pictou. After this it was south through Upper Stewiacke and Upper Musquodoboit to Sheet Harbour, then Route 7 west along the coast back to Dartmouth.

Here's a good map of the circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers